Friday, October 7, 2016

The Compassion gene

I just watched a TED Talk on altruistic behavior and why some people are more altruistic than others. The lady who did the study researched psychopaths and what they lacked that made them exhibit psychopathic behavior She hypothesized that people on the other end of the scale and were altruistic exhibited physical differences. They had larger amygdalas than usual. I said that these people were different not only in things that could be seen, but in things that couldn't be seen like compassion. I even coined a phrase for it that I call the Compassion gene. Some people care and they literally can't help it! Other people want to care and they can't because they don't have the right genetics. People who are truly altruistic will help someone else at great expense to themselves.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. Especially after watching the TED talk today. I myself feel that altruistic people can in no way change the way they are anymore than a person who lacks compassion can. Compassion gene makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete