Monday, November 21, 2016

Climbing out of a hole...

The mind is willing, but the body is weak! MS is a chronic disease not a terminal one that is characterized by fatigue as one of its many symptoms. My mind has been minimally affected and often I find myself wanting to do things that would require too much energy. I think about this and I literally have to will myself to do it. It's kind of a drag. I quickly discovered that most things aren't that important or critical and they are placed in the "bigger fish to fry" category. When I do accomplish a task I almost hurt myself patting myself on the back and giving thanks to God. You have to dig yourself out of this hole called depression and keep doing what you had been doing to the best of your ability fighting gravity every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Well done!! Unfortunately, one of the most disabling of MS symptoms can be depression. Depression can rob you of your joy and hope for a better day tomorrow. One can be counted as a fortunate, blessed human being if they have the support and loving kindness of even one true friend who can always bring a smile to a saddened heart. I myself have been so blessed! I am hopeful for tomorrow! !

    ReplyDelete