Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Your note

I used to sing in the church choir and I relied on the guy who stood next to  me to ensure that I was on key. There were Sopranos, Altos, Tenors and Basses in our choir and I got confused if I didn't listen to my "Note". That's what I called him because he was reliable. He was always on pitch. He was "true".
In society people try to copy someone else too. They rely on them for their note. Life is different than a choir though. In a choir the goal is to sing the same thing as the group. In life, that goal is different. Most of us don't know that and so we try our best to blend in and not stand out. We don't want to be different.
History teaches us that the great people were different. Think of some famous people in history and the thing that stands out is their differences. They weren't the same and didn't try to be like anyone else. They are unique. We are created to be different. Even identical twins are different. What note are you supposed to sing in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment