Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Living the life of your dreams is a balancing act

I have often marveled at high wire artists as they perform their feats of daring demonstration. What I realized a few years ago when I had my own balance challenges is that at any given moment you are are placing more emphasis or weight on one foot than the other. In other words, what appears to be equal is not equal at all but a series of subtle shifts in weight from one foot to the other. I applied this logic to my life and quickly saw that I should not apply equal emphasis or weight to different times in my own life. Many of the things that I read talk about living your life in the present. I had placed far too much emphasis on the future. I realize that while it is important to look forward and see what your goals are it is far more important to focus on the present. God gives us a gift each day that we've never seen before and is not promised which is why it's called the present.

3 comments:

  1. Very well said! I enjoy reading your blog very much! Keep writing! You have much to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice perspective, Marcus. I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete