Friday, September 4, 2015

Gratitude

I have always been a "glass is half full" guy. I am the one who says that there is an upside to every situation. I'm the guy who can look at someone in prison and say, "At least they don't have to pay rent."
So, I looked at my current situation and found the upside of my current situation.
I actually found quite a few advantages. I have my family to provide love and encouragement. I could stop right there, but I'll continue. I have my own room and plenty of food to eat whenever I want it. All of my bills are paid on time. I am not in pain or discomfort. Most of my symptoms are inconveniences. I get prime parking spaces close to the entrance. I have the respect of young and older people. I have two sons who are doing well and making good decisions with their lives.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful.
I look at life from a different perspective now and I'm thankful. I'm grateful for the little things. I'm thankful for everything that God has given me.
I'm even grateful that I have been blessed with MS. I know that sounds strange, but I have been able to do things that I probably wouldn't have done if I didn't have the disease. I have met some incredible people on my journey. God has shown me things that I wouldn't have recognized without the affliction.
He has given me the gift of discernment and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment