Saturday, September 5, 2015

Terminal vs. Chronic

One of the most important things that I had to learn a few years ago is the difference between terminal and chronic conditions. Most of the time these terms are applied to disease and they're not used to describe good things.
I'm going to adopt the philosophy of the guys in the Kona Brewing Company commercial and change the use of these words. In the commercial the two brothers are seated at a table and they decide to make one hour a day "Sad Hour" and the other twenty-three hours "Happy Hour".
I have decided to make sadness a terminal condition which means that it will eventually die. Happiness on the other hand is a chronic condition and it will persist and there is no cure for happiness. I will have happiness for the rest of my life.
Effective immediately "Happy Hour" will last twenty-four hours a day! This is an Executive Order!

No comments:

Post a Comment