Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Backstage

I have had several experiences with well known musicians in the past as a photographer and audio engineer. It was during this time before or after the concert that you got to see the "real" person when they weren't trying to show their public persona.
I had some good interactions and some not so good ones. I've never understood why some people think that they're better than you because they're famous. They have a talent that people are willing to pay for. They should be grateful not obnoxious.
When they were backstage you got to see what the artist was really like. I remember one concert that I was covering as a photographer for a local newspaper for an unnamed female artist who you all know. During the sound check before the concert she read the "riot act" to her sound technicians because she wasn't satisfied with the sound in the venue. I guess she got "caught up in the rapture" and voiced her displeasure.
I like her music, but I can't help but think about this incident when I hear her songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment