Saturday, August 8, 2015

Onward and Upward!

Two steps forward and one step back. This is the way that progress is often described. As I reflect on my life, I have seen this trend repeated over and over again. There was the time that I moved from California to Texas. At the time I had built a thriving mobile disc jockey business in Los Angeles. I had guys who were working for me and contracts with local venues in L.A. to provide music for their businesses. I even had a contract with a charter yacht company to provide the music for all of their weddings.
My plan was to maintain the business with a toll-free phone number and my network of DJs. Short version of the story; I moved to Texas and didn't maintain the business in L.A. so I had to start over from scratch. When I moved to Texas, I had one contract with my church in Houston providing music for the youth group activities at the church. It took hard work and perseverance and eventually the business grew as large as it had been before in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment