Friday, August 21, 2015

It's official: I'm a SME on living with MS

It's official. I am officially an expert on living with a chronic condition. I didn't get a certificate. I just have a handicapped placard to hang from the rearview mirror of my car... Cool, huh!?
As an expert I am qualified to speak on behalf of me because this disease is so unique that no two people are the same who have MS. I go to a MS Support Group meeting once a month and the way that the disease presents is different for each of us. Some of the guys work at a job. Some of us can't work because we're on disability. One of the guys jogs five miles a day. One us struggle to make it from the car to the meeting room with a bag of water bottles each month.
A couple of the guys ride motorized scooters and a couple of the guys you wouldn't know that they had the disease if they didn't tell you.
The thing that we all have in common is that we're fighters and we're determined to not let our conditions win!

No comments:

Post a Comment