Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Choices

I had to buy gasoline today and I went to Costco gas station. It was a lot more crowded than I thought it would be at this time of day, but I stayed in the line because I didn't have anywhere to be so I waited.
As I neared the front of the line I made another choice. (Are you keeping track of my choices so far?) I decided to get gas on the side that would make it a challenge for me because of my balance issue. I made this decision because there wasn't a line of cars on that side.
I pulled up to the gas pump and paid for the gas. It was time for the performance. Ladies and gentlemen take your seat while Marcus performs his masterpiece! I took the gas pump with one hand and attempted to reach the driver's side of the car where the gas tank is. It was a brilliant performance to this point. I almost got the nozzle all the way over to the driver's side of the car. A lady from another car appeared from no where and helped me stretch the gas hose over to the other side of the car. A young man who works at Costco gas came over and assisted her and told me that he would pump the gas for me. I made small talk with him after I thanked the lady for helping me.
The young man finished pumping the gas while I stood there and he gave me the receipt for the fuel. I thought about the choices that I had made so far. I didn't even have to "pay" for the poor choice because I had help.

No comments:

Post a Comment