Monday, August 31, 2015

Realization of mortality

I can remember doing things as a child and getting hurt. I would soldier on and suck it up. As a male this is what you're taught to do. We're supposed to "Sack up" and take it like a man! We're not supposed to cry even though we're hurting physically and emotionally.
I can remember doing things that didn't hurt me physically, but were bad for me in other ways. Staying up late and not getting the proper amount of rest. Not eating properly and malnourishing my body.

It wasn't until I had done this and lived this way for years that I recognized the error of my ways. I realized that I am mortal. I have read the stories of other people who have the disease and the thing that we have in common is our former active lifestyle. We were like Ant Man able to do things that mere mortals couldn't do. It wasn't until I was diagnosed with this disease that I realized that I was mortal and I couldn't do superhuman feats anymore.

I still do superhuman things, but as a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment