Saturday, August 15, 2015

Perspective

The concept of perspective has always fascinated me. I first learned about it in Art class. It describes how a tree or building looks shorter when you are farther from it.
After living on the planet for more than fifty years, I can apply it to my life. Perspective not only applies to distance from an object but also the angle that you look from. I'm reminded of the story of the blind man who described an elephant totally different when he was at the trunk than he did at the tail.
When I think about my life I have had the opportunity to do things that the average person hasn't done. I've been places that the average person hasn't been. I have truly been blessed. From their perspective many people would say that my life has taken a turn for the worse since I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I submit to you that my life is still on an upward trajectory. I continue to be challenged with things that I didn't think that I could do. Go places that I didn't think that I could go. People have helped me that I didn't expect.
Even now with my challenges I have many things to be thankful for. Thank God!

2 comments:

  1. thx for sharing this is cool to read, I've been able to do what has been difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive spin on living with an illness. Good read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete